Technical Documents Pertaining to All Models
Honda Motorcycle Carburetion Manual
Areas of General Interest
- Carburetor Troubleshooting Chart
- Basic Principles of Carburetor Operation
- Float System
- Throttle Valve and Air Bleeds
- Idle and Low-Speed System
- Fuel Mixture Control in Relation to Throttle Position and Cold Starting System
Specific Carburetor Systems
- Intermediate System with Slide Type Throttle Valve
- Intermediate System with Dic Type Throttle Valve and Vacuum Piston
- Intermediate System with Combination Slide Type Throttle Valve/Vacuum Piston and High Speed System
Honda Motorcycle Electrics Manual
Published by American Honda Motor Company as part of the Honda Technical Series in 1977. The manual files are broken into sections to enable fast access to specific areas of interest.
- Basic Principles of Electricity and Magnetism
- AC Generators and Rectifiers
- Three-Phase Charging Systems
- Ignition Systems
- Electric Starter Systems
- Lighting Systems and Horn; Fuel Level and Coolent Temperature Gauges; Cooling Fan; Glossary
- Troubleshooting Electrical Systems
General Service Bulletins
Service bulletins are documents that Honda Motor Company provided to Honda dealers. Model-specific bulletins are listed under the specific model to which they apply.
Honda Tuning and Maintenance Information the Honda Fours
This is a section of an unknown Honda publication - if you have the complete original source and can donate a copy, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
General Technical Documents
Magazine articles and other technical documents not published by Honda Motor Company.
Tuning and Service
- 10 Minute Tune-Up - A Quick Way to Keep Your Honda Four in Tip Top Shape by Dan Gingerelli, from the April 1975 issue of Motorcyclist.
- Classic Bike Master Class: Four-Cylinder Service - Classic Bike, October 2006 by Mick Duckworth
- Troubleshooting Ignitions - A 1975 Cycle World article on ignition troubleshooting for all SOHC/4 models
- Carb Cleaning 101 - by Mark Shively, original publication unknown
- Building a Homemade Rectifier - by Evan Ntzios for the SOHC/4 Owners Club
Suspension and Brakes
- Easy Fork Fixes - A compilation of articles from the July and August 1976 Cycle World, which cover fork modifications for the CB750 and CB400F. Compiled by Forum member Bill Brown.